Labels

Sunday 15 September 2013

Magazine Advert Mock Up


These are my first and second magazine adverts. The first one (below) was good because I liked the idea of a diamond shaped colour pattern, which represented the band's style, but I didn't think it strongly advertised the album/digipack which is what it was supposed to do. There was also no particular thoughts for an album name yet until recently when I thought of 'Collision' for an album name, a word included in the lyrics of the song that I am using. This name is good because it is an naturally impacting word and appeals to a young audience, and almost gives a sense of the sound of the music and it's style through the enthusiasm within the word. However, instead of having a magazine with landscape proportions in width and height, I thought it would be best to have a portrait magazine advert, because there is more space upwards to display a night sky and the band and audience below. This would mean that the album name relates better with the composition allowing for the imagination of a vertical 'collision'. Since this change was made, it would be hard to get a good diamond shape colour contrast. So this idea below has been changed almost completely to the one above. Hopefully it's for the best and I do like the new idea much more; it just depends whether the audience does.



No comments:

Post a Comment