Labels

Monday 14 October 2013

Draft Edit Music Video



This is the draft edit of my music video. I have posted it on Facebook and Twitter and have had feedback from people who have watched it including friends who made suggestions of what I could do to improve on my final edit. The whole editing process took almost two weeks along with other subjects. I thoroughly enjoyed putting it together, because I like the variety of effects and transitions I can put on the video and it brings out my creativity allowing me to explore new ideas and express what the song is about. The only painful bit about editing using Adobe is the time it takes just rendering and encoding which needs a lot of patience otherwise I can often feel anxious about watching the finished draft of any video I've created. Plus there is always room to improve.
Most of the feedback I got from posting the draft video on Facebook was saying that I maybe need less layered shots and need to remove some of the more jerky shots. Others said that there were a couple of suddenly changing transitions which were distracting.
Here is what feedback I got from my teacher:

As we have discussed, you have some beautiful footage Ben. You need to work on this now to aim towards a top A grade. Well done so far!
There is quite a strong guitar track  with plucked strings rather than strumming – this could do with shooting. For example shot at 0.53 the player is not playing the tune that we can hear.
1.59 wobble on cross. 
2.23 narrative – too much overlaying.
3.40 what is this shot?
Text on screen – have you got an example of this happening in one of the other videos that you watched? If not, take it out.
4.22 what is this shot?
4.26 this shot seems to be repeated too much.
4.30 this bouncing seems to be to a different track – not sure this track is suitable for bouncing – maybe swaying? The lip synch is also out.
4.31/4.47 lip synch also out/
Lack of editing at the end – is this the section you are going to cut?


No comments:

Post a Comment